Ended 2010 on a good note watching Toy Story 3 with the family. Good movie and awesome ending to the series. So sad it ended though cause a whole generation grew up with Woody and Buzz. Kind of saw myself in that movie... Did I cry? Well I could have cried any time I wanted, but I didn't. Took a lot of self control I'll tell you that~
Anywhoo... haven't written out any resolutions for 2011 yet... But I kinda made a new resolution this past week. In our house, (and in almost all Korean families) at the new years, the younger generation bows to the older generation in respect and says, "Blessings to you in this new year~!" Terribad translation but that's the idea of what we say. We got up, called our grandparents, said the phrase, talked some, and then we did the same with our parents. Well after the kids do their little thing, the parents are supposed to bless the children, and in her little speech, my mom said that she would be praying that this year we would all get dreams. Huh~
Yeah~ strange cause my dad talked for like 5-10 minutes about topics ranging from just school and studies to the bombing in Korea and how the Korean army mobilized tons of forces during their training. All my mom said was that she was praying that we'd find our dreams... Then like this past Wednesday, my mom talked about how she dreamed when she was young that she would have this specific shape of a lamp, and how we had it now. It seemed really unimportant then, but when she looks back, she said that almost all of her dreams came true. Looking back at 2010, I saw that the elements on the list of prayer requests and dreams I had written in chapel once had like all come true. Only one part that I didn't even count seriously didn't come true... All the rest had miraculously been achieved.
So yup~ This year, I'm hoping and praying to find a little longer-term dream. Not just like Zenit winning the UEFA cup again and me getting a PS3 haha, but some longer life-long goals and dreams. I'll also be praying for y'all to find your dreams, and if you can, I think it wouldn't hurt to write them down~ It's always awesome to write something, forget about it, and then see how God has worked the best way possible for you to achieve it or learn something better from it. That's what happened to me at least.
I'm not saying all my dreams on here (just a thing of mine) but if y'all want me to pray for you message me on Facebook, and I'll gladly pray and talk to you about whatever you want~
Happy New Years Again!~
Genesis 37:5a and 9a
5 Joseph had a dream... 9 Then he had another dream...
By the way, for those of you who don't know what happens, both dreams come true perfectly~
nice post Isaac. im praying for you, buddy)
ReplyDeleteoh, and we just watched TS3 for the first time yesterday; great movie. although a TS4 is possible with the ending they gave...