The halls and rooms I went to almost every day were all empty and packed and covered for the summer, and the always bright and welcoming faces of my friends and the teachers weren't there... I went to each room, even the ones I had never had a single class in, and said good bye and thank you for being my life for the past two years. And the school itself for being my life for the past 10~
I felt good in that I formally made my goodbye but I still will miss the heck out of the school. Walking everyday as one of the lastest students to make it to school regardless of the fact that we live 5 minutes away by car. Seeing Jin Hyun, Won, Suk Hyun, Brian, and Geun Jo sitting on the couch till it was time to go up to classes. Going to second period to see In Kyun running in with still wet hair, hastily put on clothes, and mismatching slippers. Eating Jake's food during break. Meeting throughout the day Mrs. Plaster and saying hi and talking about small things~ Asking Mrs. Irina to go to a field trip and being surprised that she agrees we need one... Hearing Mr. K make woman-statements in Russian History. (I met the man-statement brother of his while going through the school one last time!) Going to Lit to have the artistic poet inside me make a deep and profound statement that only makes sense to me. Riding the segregated buses to PE and stretching my "knee" with Zach. Planning the yearbook the whole year only to get caught in scrunch time and stay hours after school the last weeks. Shopping and teasing Daniel at Polushka. Helping with the worship team, little kids chapel and the orphanage. Occasionally doing Bible Study with the guys. Fighting at Student Council. Waiting and finally getting on the bus to run our tails off at basketball practice... I will miss all of these memories from this year (and all of the memories from before) so dearly that I would gladly redo this whole year again if I had the chance. Yes that means SAT and ACT all over again, but I don't think I care right now... I'd still do it~ But now that I've said my good byes to the school, I guess it's really over~ My chapter at IA has ended, and I have to move on and progress~
Again~ Please pray for me because even with my RAFT and all my mental preparing, it's still terribly hard for me...
Genesis 12:1-2a
1 The LORD had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.
2 “I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
No comments:
Post a Comment