It's been a long-standing tradition in the Jang family that we have family devotions/prayer time at 10 pm. Whether we're together or not, I've tried my best (which wasn't very good at all this year) to keep up my prayer life in sync with my family, knowing that they also were joining me in prayer at the same time of their days too. And I've decided to share a prayer with y'all. Feel free to judge however you wish; I'll try to keep this as unpolished and fresh as it comes.
Dear God,
Thanks so much God for just this past year You've blessed me with. Looking back at all the ups and downs I've gone through this past year, I can't imagine how I would have gotten through anything without You. Yes, I've screwed up and failed more times than I can count. I've been as inconsistent as ever in all parts of my life - my academic, social, physical, and spiritual. However, I can see one constant that's been as steady as ever throughout the whole time. And that of course is You. The Great I AM has been so ever constant in my life that I all too often take You for granted. But thanks so much that You're constant in Your patience too.
Thanks also for the people You've placed into my life and blessed me with. A couple weeks ago, I especially had a vantage point of being able to see both my past friends (IA and friends from Russia) and my current friends (NU and Naperville) and I just had the breath taken from me at how faithful You've been. Your word that goes from Your mouth really didn't return empty (Isaiah 55:11). In fact, it surpassed even my greatest imaginations regarding my new life as I settled down in America. Gosh God You're too good~
And now God, I just pray that You would continue to work in me and in my life. That You would continue to help me grow up and boldly be able to do Your work. Keep me remembering that it's ultimately for Your glory and not my own. Help me also be focused and willing to put You always first as Lord; not my will but Yours be done. :)
Thanks so much God,
I love You~
In Your Holy Son's Name I pray,
Amen
Dear God,
Thanks so much God for just this past year You've blessed me with. Looking back at all the ups and downs I've gone through this past year, I can't imagine how I would have gotten through anything without You. Yes, I've screwed up and failed more times than I can count. I've been as inconsistent as ever in all parts of my life - my academic, social, physical, and spiritual. However, I can see one constant that's been as steady as ever throughout the whole time. And that of course is You. The Great I AM has been so ever constant in my life that I all too often take You for granted. But thanks so much that You're constant in Your patience too.
Thanks also for the people You've placed into my life and blessed me with. A couple weeks ago, I especially had a vantage point of being able to see both my past friends (IA and friends from Russia) and my current friends (NU and Naperville) and I just had the breath taken from me at how faithful You've been. Your word that goes from Your mouth really didn't return empty (Isaiah 55:11). In fact, it surpassed even my greatest imaginations regarding my new life as I settled down in America. Gosh God You're too good~
And now God, I just pray that You would continue to work in me and in my life. That You would continue to help me grow up and boldly be able to do Your work. Keep me remembering that it's ultimately for Your glory and not my own. Help me also be focused and willing to put You always first as Lord; not my will but Yours be done. :)
Thanks so much God,
I love You~
In Your Holy Son's Name I pray,
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment