The words really are amazing!!! Thinking about it makes me feel tingly (sometimes even uncomfortable cause I realize how much God loves me and I don't know what to do). But that's it!!!! God did it not because who we were. He did it because He loved us. I heard a sermon once. The pastor during university worked as the university's janitor for some reason I forget. Anyway.... Each time he went to the restroom to clean it out. The toilets were encrusted with dried previous people's business. And he had to clean it all out with a water hose that splashed half of the toilet onto himself each week. Once, after a stressing week and a hard working day cleaning, he just broke down and complained to God.
The conversation went something like this.
Pastor: "Why me God??!!"
God: "It's filthy right?"
P: "Yes"
God: "It's so terrible you want to quit and never come back right?"
P: "Yes"
God: "Guess how much worse your sins were?"
P: ...
God loved us THAT much to die for me - whose sins are more filthy, ugly, and repulsive than we can ever imagine. He died for me, for you.
This Easter, we learned a lot about Jesus' pain on the cross - we held our breaths to feel the agony Jesus went through for hours to take each breath. I felt it once more in PE, where even between sit-ups my legs were up so I wasn't ever resting. I can't imagine or even start to imagine what it must've felt like, and it overwhelms me. Our teacher in chapel told us that knowing God's love made him cry. I did too...
Lord it was you who created the heveans
Lord it was your hand
That put the stars in their place
Lord it was your voice
That commands the morning
even oceans and their waves bow at your feet
Lord who am I compared to your glory Oh Lord
Lord who am I compared to your majesty
Lord it was your hand
That put the stars in their place
Lord it was your voice
That commands the morning
even oceans and their waves bow at your feet
Lord who am I compared to your glory Oh Lord
Lord who am I compared to your majesty
I am your beloved
Your creation, and you love me as I am
You have called me chosen for your kingdom
Unashamed to call me your own
I am your beloved
Your creation, and you love me as I am
You have called me chosen for your kingdom
Unashamed to call me your own
I am your beloved
Lord who am I compared to your glory Oh Lord
Lord who am I compared to your majesty
Lord who am I compared to your majesty
I again loved the verse of the day
1 John 3:16 - This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete