I'll try to word this as close to verbatim as possible (I might make some of it because of my faulty memory but please deal with me)
'I've seen you guys go through a lot this year while I was with you. I've seen you move into a new building and start a new school year just days after settling in. I've grown close to you like family in such a short time. I've seen you go through a loss in the year with Anna leaving. I've seen you make the most beautiful good-bye that Mr. Slagle and I said that we were jealous of having friends like you. And moreover, I've seen you deal with a death before the school year. You were the shoulder that others could cry on in hard times. And I've seen the basketball team form a love and enthusiasm for one another that was truly amazing...'
I know I probably messed that up so much that it barely resembles what it originally was from Coach... But yeah... When Coach said those words, sure they were special and all, but I guess they didn't sink in as much as they do now. Ever since coming to Korea, I've realized that I REALLY love my friends there, and I'm dying to see them again...
My sister Esther has an iPod which I use occasionally to check Facebook. My class has this "secret thread" ongoing for like 2 years now, and we talk of various subjects... Stupid thing about the iPod - I have to scroll through 2 years' conversation to get to the bottom where we have our most recent topics. Well I was scrolling down, and I saw some stuff mid way that intrigued me... :D One of us was kinda annoyed and sad at something not going her way, and most of us (except for one immature boy called Isaac) rushed to comfort her... Gosh I was such an annoying jerk that I just want to go back in time and punch myself and tell myself to get a grip.
Sorry guys for being such a dork~
But yeah... My friends are truly all angels... I felt sooo much that this was what Coach was talking about being the "shoulder for others to cry on." That thread is full of "I'll pray for you." or "Good Luck"s that it's crazy... But yeah... gosh I'm at a loss of words...
Thanks y'all... and thank you God for giving me such great friends....
Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
im praying for you Isaac, my friend =)
ReplyDelete