Sad no?
Haha, I felt pretty bad for my cousin who lives there when I went there to visit her and "play." We (Esther, my mom, and I) first met up with our aunt, and she told us the general life of our cousin, and how she spent her life. Most of the things she said weren't surprising, but while we waited for my cousin, she told me to go to the computer clubs in the area because they were pretty much the cheapest in Korea (maybe the world...) The students here had to go there, and because all their customers were students with a limited budget, all the stores (computer clubs included) lowered the prices to ridiculously cheap rates. I wondered how such stores could make any money cause, as I had thought, these people would still never have any time to go. I didn't go cause I was too tired, but yeah~ the cafe we stayed at had like half-price coffee that we still had. Then we went to my cousin's one-room house she stayed at so she was close to all her studying places. After the little mini-tour, we met up with our cousin, and we went to a mall to eat dinner. After a seafood buffet dinner, we went to the movies and watched Inception. After the movie, we went to a cafe and talked and talked and talked about the movie, about friends, church, Esther's future at college, and just life. I was amazed at how fun she could be when she should have been studying... She didn't even hint at her insanely packed studying schedule. Oh she did mention having yoga classes on top of all that so she could keep healthy...
I realized that the people there aren't no life geeks like the guys on tv, but they're actually really fun, smart, nice people~ They study hard like it's the last thing they're gonna do before they die, but they have the same attitude when the play~ No wonder the computer clubs, karaoke rooms, and DVD rooms (rooms where you go watch dvds... -_-;;) still are alive...
Sorry for posting this so late after I wrote the previous one.. I remembered what I was going to write as soon as I had published my previous post, but I got really lazy and haven't written since... -_-;;
wow. thats really cool... i cannot picture these guys getting much sleep at all, or for the Christians, having much time with God... but apparently they do...
ReplyDeletehaha late comment..
ReplyDeleteshe's one of the most Christian CHristians I know...
that's like the only way she could survive over 10 years worth of die hard studying now.... haha