I think, unlike most people, my body listens to my brain a lot more than my brain listens to my body. For example, my body, no matter how tired it is, can stay up purely just by my brain telling it to do so... I've recently had a time where I woke up, and I saw the clock to show 10 AM. So I told myself that I'd sleep some more, and sure enough, I felt my brain turning off my body for another 30 minutes... I woke up and did the same thing two more times... It was insane. I was wide awake and I just didn't want to start my day yet, so I forced myself to sleep... It felt really simple at the time, but yeah I kinda realized that it's really hard to do again...
Another example is when I forced myself into a dream. I was awake in bed, and then wondered what it felt like to "enter" a dream. So I imagined myself slowly opening my eyes like I do in real life, and sure enough, the world I opened my eyes to was a dream. Haha It was the strangest feeling, and I like knew the whole time it was a dream...
Final example.... If I set up a time to wake up, I usually wake up then. Like right now... It's 6:09 AM. My parents left like half an hour ago or so to America. We're home alone... But back to topic. I slept at like 1-ish telling myself that I would wake up at 5 to see my parents off. Sure enough I wake up at 4:45 and I even get some rolling-in-bed time before I need to get out of bed... I think I've had countless times where even without an alarm, I wake up at right time... Today I cheated and set an alarm, but I didn't wake up to it till the third song of the alarm playlist... Alarms don't work for me because my brain kinda just shuts down until I have to wake up... Maybe that's why I can live off 3-5 hours of sleep and not die like some of my friends do, and maybe that's another thing I should experiment on sometime - actually telling my body to sleep lightly and wake up to an alarm. Oh yeah, I've done that where I actually was asleep but hearing music... It didn't really help cause it was a song I liked and I just listened to it in my sleep until Esther woke me up... I mean who does that? We set the most obnoxious cell phone alarm next to my ear to wake us up for a live NBA game. Esther was hitting me with a pillow to wake me up because she wanted me to turn off the alarm... Haha I had no idea till she told me that the alarm went off even...
Anywhoo there you go ... Hope you liked it... and I'll try to post more often soon....
Oh yeah please pray for upcoming SAT on Oct. 9th and PSAT on Oct. 13th. Thanks!~
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
haha, i like it. =)
ReplyDelete