So~ we had just finished the first part of the 7th movie, and the whole group of people were all pumped up to see the final conclusion. We went out to use the bathroom and to refill popcorn and drinks. There was such a long line, I looked around the place and saw even more dressed up people. It was really fun to see them, and I really wanted to take pictures but I didn't have my camera. Then I looked up to the timetables and saw that Harry Potter was going on in six different halls at 12:01, 12:05, 12:06, 12:10, 12:15, and 12:20. "Dang~" I thought. And then I realized that like this has probably never happened before. I mean, what other film series has had 8 parts that have been so closely followed and loved? Maybe Star Wars? Nah~ People literally were camping in the theater to get good seats, and only bad, neck-hurting, seats for those poor people who didn't. Thankfully, we had decent seats. Just the viewing angle was really wide and I had to look back and forth because the picture wouldn't fit in my vision. I wish this movie beats Avatar... haha I don't care whether this movie deserves to be the 1st all time grossing movie, but just Avatar doesn't deserve it in my opinion.
Anyway, back to the movie. We went into the hall, and there was one of the workers (also a Harry Potter fan) who was doing trivia to keep the people happy while waiting. He gave his phone number to the people, and they would text him questions which he would ask the whole crowd. After a while, he started just saying people's names and we would have to respond with that person's Patronus. It started with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, and then Tonks. Muahahaha I was the only one who shouted, "Werewolf!" at Tonks and the guy pointed at me!~ haha!~ Then he went to the same thing just the boggart form. It kinda fell apart from there. The people wanted the movie to start, and sure enough, it did start. But not before showing a Windows XP error pop-up and all the same commercials that we had watched before the first part.
The same 3D Warner Bros. logo floated by, and the white tomb was moved. The whole crowd cheered and shouted as the concluding episode of what is perhaps the biggest film series ever made was finally drawing to a close. It was awesome. My low expectations to the films were finally being raised by what was becoming an amazing movie for Harry Potter standards. I was finally forgiving the makers for splitting the 7th year into two parts, and I was hoping and dreading the bittersweet feeling of good bye that the ending of this movie would bring. It was getting actually really emotional, and what I consider the highlight and my favorite part of the whole series (even in the books) was coming up. Right when Harry collects the memories of the man who had loved him so dearly and had overlooked the parts that reminded him so much of the man he despised, the screen went blank.
... *Gasp* ...
The lights turned on and everyone was standing up looking around in confusion. Some people were even moved to tears during this scene, but their emotional tears were soon to change into angry tears. At first I thought it had to be a joke. I mean, we all had overlooked the mistakes of the double commercials, and the second part played instead of the first, but this was just too much. WHAT THE HECK??? Seriously??? Then one of the people in the crowd (a worker who was also watching the movie) stood up and told the people that there had been a power outage. The whole place was filled with, "Are you serious?"s, "What the heck?"s, and "Oh my Gosh..."s. Then one of the workers came out and told us to evacuate the room. We were all like, "No, we'll just wait till the power turns back on~" But the worker told us that by safety regulations, we HAD to leave the room. We all went out the exits and just waited outside. The whole block had apparently been outed because the streetlights were off and the place was just black except for the moonlight. If it were up to me (or either of the girls), I would have stayed out there in front of the theater till the power turned back on, but our parents said that we had to leave. -_-;; Agh... So instead of posting on how the movie was such an awesome ending, I up at 4:00 am writing how I couldn't watch it.... I think Cinemark owes like everyone who was there at least like a 50$ gift card. I mean some people used up their whole day to come and watch it and such a terrible ending. We were all around the same part because we had started at around the same time. For people who read the books, the disappointment would have been enormous because they knew it was the climax; and for people who hadn't read the books, (bah~!) they also needed to know how and why the memory man was so important. You've probably already guessed that's why the title of this post is cut short... Bah... But hey~ I'll never forget this ending either... A more memorable ending to an unforgettable story.
Hopefully To Be Continued...
that is soooo awful... the movie was soo great and doesn't deserve a cinemark substandard presentation! ... lewis p.
ReplyDelete