So~ we went back to the theater the next day, and we got free tickets to the 8:00pm showing. The place was filled with people who had come the night before~ So at 8, we got to the theater and saw the person who was shouting out the trivia questions. He apparently was a manager, so after a short conversation, we even got a combo set of two large drinks and a large popcorn (the same thing we had the night before) for free. So I ended up eating like close to a year's worth of popcorn all in that 24 hour span~ ugh... sooo much butter~
Ok... I must say, I was overall thrilled at how the movie came out. In an interview, the director said he had split the book into two separate parts so that they could put in all the important parts of the book and end the series well. Well they did. :) The parts they omitted from the books I understand why they did, and anything they did change was acceptable. I was especially so happy with how the movie was done right before the climax - the part right when the lights turned off the last time. So I was extra excited to see how it all ended because up to then, the movie was extremely well done. But it seems like the director got a little excited to end the series... The last part seemed a bit rushed at parts, and the director put in a lot of his own takes on the last battle. He dramatized it a whole bunch - the villains died with a ton of special effects and what is supposed to be a final stand-off between good and evil is a big chaotic frenzy with ribbons flying all over the place, Harry trying to explain something but getting kicked all over the place, and faces getting pushed, pulled, and squished together... o.O?? oh well... Other than that and especially up to the part where the lights had turned off, the movie was like near perfect~
But one thing annoying really were the people we watched the movie with. I mean, the first group we watched it with were Harry Potter nerds... They knew which Quidditch team Ludo Bagman played for. They laughed; they cheered; and they cried all because they had read the books and knew exactly what was special to that particular scene. The second group we watched it with laughed at ALL the wrong places. They tried leaving before the whole thing was over. And a person even laughed at a scene when people in the last group cried... -_-;; I wanted to go and smack him, but it was too dark...
The second time we watched it, (with our cousin) we went to a cinema/diner type thing, and there were like 14 people. One of the people was a really loyal Harry Potter movie follower. Like she kept on commenting and whispering to her friend next to her her guesses about what would happen. Most of them were wrong, but the guesses didn't make me mad like the previous group did because they were genuine, and they were from a really loyal movie fan. After the movie, we were waiting in the lobby, and she came up to us and was like, "That was a really good movie wasn't it?!" with a thumbs up~ haha cute~ :)
Anywhoo~ now I guess it's really good bye to the series. I guess I'll just have to ask a friend who's a movie director to remake the series in like 50 years~
No comments:
Post a Comment