Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Year In Review

Best moments from each month

January:
I guess spending time with Esther would be it. Other than that, I just remember a bunch of basketball and school.

February:
Moscow Field Trip and Tournament. The tournament was the icing on top. The field trip was just soooo epic and fun. I loved spending a whole week with my favorite people.
Link to my Facebook album: http://tiny.cc/h54yi

March:
Kazakhstan Trip!!! Again such a fun week. Literally all we did was eat, play, and sleep, but it was so much fun nonetheless :) Ooh the Much Ado About Nothing play was fun too. Miraculous how we did the whole play in under an hour and a half when the day before the dress rehearsal took two and a half hours. Thank you God~!
Link: http://tiny.cc/6te3e

April:
Hm... What was fun in April? Unless something monumental like the trips in February and March happened, I kinda forget... Gotta go through my pictures~ Meh really didn't do much... Anyone else remember? Only event I have for this is "IA Cossacks Banquet"... I guess my last basketball game as a Cossack, which I still remember very clearly, was special. Thanks so much Cossacks, y'all meant a lot to me~

May:
Too much happened this month I forget a lot. But best parts were ballet, prom, and hanging out with friends after school. Oh and spending hours after school during the last two weeks of school with Ms. Jamey was fun too. I still miss walking home listening to music after those "work days." If you haven't seen prom pictures, um... you should... haha I was going to say, "what kind of friend are you, but as I've made a lot of friends here in America, I shouldn't say that~" :P
Prom: http://tiny.cc/ee2bg
http://tiny.cc/x4p1x

June:
Hanging out with friends for the last time in Russia. :( Unforgettable walk down Nevskii and waiting under Dvortsovoi Most. Gah... Miss then~ Oh well.. Then on June 8th, we left for America. Remember like it was yesterday. :\
http://tiny.cc/0huyl

July:
Just VBS with church and hanging out in Colorado. Started driving... Got tan and failed at fishing.. Fun regardless.

August:
Came to Naperville and met the O'byrnes!!! Very fun having them stay over for a day. Then coincidentally met them at Willow Creek Church. In a hall sitting 5000, they sat two rows in front of us. o.O :) Fun and unexpected. Plus the preacher spoke with an Austrailian accent. That's always a good thing~
Pictures duing summer: http://tiny.cc/x9ygf

September:
School started... Hard times for me adjusting to a new high school... Labor Day Retreat with my church youth group really really helped. After Labor Day Retreat started go get many more friends. :)

October:
I think this month, I had no social life because of college apps. Never want to do them again. Thank God I don't have to. :)

November:
Really again, nothing much. Just regular school life. Finished apps... Resting and being a bum at home while my sister studies. :P

December:
Got accepted to Northwestern University!!! No, not northern... -_-;; haha... Finals... End of Semester... Winter Break... Church Winter Retreat :) All fun and good...

As the year draws to a close, I just want to thank a couple people. Jake and Andrew for being my best friends. Geun Jo, Won, Suk Hyun, Jin Hyun, Brian for being just awesome. Zach for challenging me to grow and mature. Daniel for being there when I needed something funny in life. Rachel, Kristina, and Gillian for being the best sisters in Christ I could ever hope for. IA for being the best home and family. Friends here (Michael, Anne, Lydia, Tracy, Amanda, Christine, Kaci, Jason, Cari (math family forever!) and everyone else) thanks so much for helping me settle into my new life here. Love you guys all. Happy New Years... Let's make 2012 even more amazing.

But don't worry about what 2012 has in store for you... This verse really helped me all this year, especially when we were moving from Russia to America~

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not worry, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

No comments:

Post a Comment