Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Birthday

Wow, what has it been like 5 months since my last post?  Everything's been so crazy, and after a long time of inactivity, I just fell into laziness regarding my blog.  But hey, what could be more fitting than to revive my blog by writing something to a special someone who has always motivated me to keep up with writing my blog.  This blog probably would have died a long time ago if it weren't for her.  So, here goes nothing~

Happy Birthday, Gillian!!!

Honestly, I had no idea how I was going to hell you happy birthday this time around.  The past two years were a bit easier because I saw you everyday at school.  This time I really have no ideas; I can't send you something through post because it'll probably arrive there after I do.  Eh I really could have sent a couple more sets of letters to y'all this year, but when college apps started, I had to start resorting to Facebook.

What is this; I haven't talked anything about you yet!

So, first off, I just want to thank you for being such a wonderful math buddy.  We both failed our math placement exam and still somehow we went all the way through precalc together. :)  Just for going that far, (when I know how math just gives you shivers) I really can't thank you enough. Next, just thanks for being a cooperative, encouraging partner. That sounds terribly awkward, but hey I'm coming off of an all-nighter.  One specific example I remember of us working together was that time when we were making boxes together so we could move school buildings.  I was impressed how how quickly we worked together. (because normally only Esther and I could work that quickly and that in sync-ly)  From then on, we went on to work together on Student Council, orphanages, and worship team.  Through all those experiences, you really motivated me to become a more mature, hardworking, God-loving person.  Lastly, thanks for being an awesome friend.  Whether it was because I was just having a hard day or because I was running on little sleep, you knew how I felt without asking and acted without having been asked.  Regardless of what I was going through, I knew I could always count on you to hear whatever I had to say with openness and to respond in a way that built me up in a Christ-oriented way.

Well, though I'm not there with you in person, I'll always be with you (and the rest of y'all) in spirit.  And come later in May, I'll really be with y'all! Haha we can celebrate your birthday and all the birthdays I missed then.

1 Corinthians 3:18 (Seeing you, I'm reminded of how foolish I am and I am humbled before God; thanks~)
"Do not deceive yourselves.  If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become "fools" so that you may become wise."

No comments:

Post a Comment