Thursday, September 10, 2009

PE - Pitiful Eyesores

Today, well actually it was Tuesday, our school had PE. See our school hadn't had PE last year due to problems renting a gym. So~ we had PE for the second time in almost two and a half years!...
Well I might have said this but we have one of the best gym complexes in the city. The city basketball team trains here. It's crazy clean and new. Plus during our PE time, we have the WHOLE complex. Even the outsides. So we have two basketball courts, a volleyball court, a mini soccer field outside, and a big soccer field outside. Insanity..... We had to check our shoes for stones before being allowed on the courts because the people there were extra picky about it.....

Last week was our first PE. Coach Plaster said it was warm-up day so we just did physical drills. But on Tuesday, the school actually played sports. Sadly, I hurt my knee last week while playing basketball. So I just went to take some pictures for camera. (with my new camera!) [which means there'll actually be pics on this blog post!]

After running and stretching, the girls went down to the volleyball court, and the boys stayed up on the basketball court to play a new game we learned called flickerball. This is a game where we had a volleyball, and the teams had to hit the other side's basketball backboard. If they made a bucket, it'd be 2 points, if they just hit the board, it'd be 1 point. So they started playing, but they had a hard time adjusting to the weight of the volleyball compared to a regular basketball. After about an hour? had passed, some girls that wanted to switch sports came up, and some boys including me went down to play and watch some volleyball. Well if you see my title, this is where it actually comes into place.

We went down and everyone was just playing around, bumping and setting together in circles. After we arrived, they made teams and started playing. I knew this before, but I really know it now--Volleyball IS a team sport. Goodness. Almost all of the scores were from serves or missed serves. The serving team got points till their server missed; and the next team would have their little serving streak. There would be an rare volley sometimes but they never exceeded 5 hits. And they weren't hits like the bump, set, spike then bump, set, spike on the respective teams. All the balls would be hit over the net in one hit and over again......
Well anyways..... I think it'll be a little bit better next time..... right?
I mean Gillian used to be shy of the ball in PE, but now she's the setter for the team. (for those of you who don't know volleyball, the setter is really important)
So ya I can't wait for more PE cause we didn't have any last year, and I love playing sports with a lot of people, especially friends

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men
Colossians 3:23 (Our School Basketball Team verse)

Our Semi-School Bus that takes us to PE

The Volleyball team girls (not yet PE official just playing around)

We All LOVE Push-ups!!

Anna's just having too much fun during PE

Tina wanted to be mentioned in the blog :)

Geun Jo's not paying attention to the rules of the game

Kurt, Geun Jo, and Andrew celebrate after scoring

Cute Japanese guy I still can't get the name of

Volleyball Time!!!

I distinctly remember this serve being a service ace

I don't remember but this one probably was an ace too...

1 comment: