So ya.... It was a real fun time and the food and the games after were really fun. The Koreans didn't go into their own room and split the group; they actually played the whole time with us. :)
We played mafia and a new game that Jared taught us. It was really fun but my head hurt real bad at the end of the games.
After that on Saturday, we all went to the Siegels' house and we had a really fun time playing basketball and talking about old school memories.
Today Sunday... We did our normal schedule of two services. During the second service a lot of us slept. But after Elizabeth woke up once, she didn't go back to sleep. I think she found it fun to poke my back and keep me from sleeping. I was like... "인정!!!! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!"
She was like... "YOU"..... -_-;;; She almost always sleeps during service and I don't do anything to her!.... Anyways... that really bummed me...
And then when my dad's sermon was done, I was awake but I was just resting my head against the wall... Elizabeth was like doing everything possible to torture me - pinching, tickling, pulling my hair, etc.. I looked back and I was like "OHMYGOSH" and I was about to cuss..... I stopped myself right in time, and then I spent the rest of the service and like an hour after that thinking why saying cusses were bad... I mean who taboo'd them in the first place? What did they mean?
I understand like some people think that Hell is a bad word because it refers to the everlasting punishment for sin.. But what about the most widely used D, S, and F words.... I mean.... dam isn't a bad word; why is the same word and pronounciation with an "n" at the end make it a bad word?
4 in Korean and Chinese literally means "death" so I get that... But eh?
I don't get the English cussing...
Now now now don't think I've been using them... just it flashed across my mind why they were bad...... I mean I know two people who declared that the word "milk" would be bad, and from then on, they always gasped at the word.... -_-?
So ya.... anyone have any ideas?
I mean it might only be me (a non-American) who doesn't know, but I'm really curious that's all....
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'"
Mark 12:30
Yeah i find swearing the same way, and probably most of us do, but we just need to accept swearing as wrong, and the words that are chosen to be swear words, and not say them. (except milk!)
ReplyDelete