Well... after spending a good two months at Colorado while only going to one service of church it was kinda hard for the whole family to stay awake during the second service of our church... :) Seriously i wanted to take pictures of all the girls sleeping.. I also slept really soundly... but i was awaken by my dad's (he's the pastor) shouting of the sermon verses... He was like "AND NOW THESE THREE REMAIN: FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE. BUT THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE!!!!!" He woke me up on the first time he said it. Then he said, "Say it together!" ..... ..... (everyone saying it).... ..... "AGAIN!!!!" .... (again).... ...... "AGAIN!!!!!" ...... (again)..... ..... "AGAIN!!!!!" (again) ..... ...... "AGAIN!!!!!!!" He must have said it like at least 5 times. I think he was making everyone do it to seriously wake our family up... We still had jetlag... And Esther, Liz, and I had only slept like 2 hours the night before; and my mom never does well after flying. But he was shouting like at the top of his voice... sigh.... ya well I think you get my point... and then I was like wide awake. But the sad part is.... I had forgotton how long my dad's sermons are. I thought at least it was half over... but it was only the beginning.. He read it and then he went into like 10 minutes explanations on each theme... I got quite bored and then I started looking around, only to see my mom next to me sleeping in a sitting position. Then I saw Liz next to her and I almost laughed out loud. See we sit in this awesome seat at church which the last seat of the row (the one closest to the wall) has a curtain that can cut the service hall in half. Well she was in the curtain... haha I so wanted to take a picture but we didn't have the camera and Esther was asleep too. Well Liz was sitting but her torso was laying on her thighs.. If you get what I mean. Like she was trying to look under her seat to the person behind her. But this was also covered with the curtain completely. So the curtain was like around her. Esther was right behind her so my dad couldn't see her sleeping. (but I bet he already knew) The funniest part when Liz tried waking up, she was tangled with the curtains that I saw her hands go up the curtain trying to lift it over her head... Too bad the curtains were a bit too long for her arms to reach the bottom and lift over her head in one motion.. She had to do it like 4 times and I saw her arms going up the curtain couple times. :)
Anyways that's how our sermon time ended at 'bout 4:30, but then we ate, conversed, and socialized. We came back at about 6:30. 10 hours at church :) Normal now that we're back here :)
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13
No comments:
Post a Comment